Telephoning language test (for 13 March, 2012)
Task No. 1.
What will you say on the phone? Use the telephone phrases from Activity 2 on page 66:
1) You want to know the caller's name. You say:
2) The person (Mr Green) that the caller wants to speak to is not in the office at the moment. You say:
3) You would like the person who your are talking to on the phone to wait. You say:
4) You are calling ABC Company. The secretary is taking your call. You want to speak to Ms Adams, the chief accountant. You say:
5) Someone is calling your company. The person they want to speak to is not in the office. Ask them if they have any message for that person. You say:
6) Someone is calling and wants to speak to Mr White. Mr White is in another room but you can transfer the call. You say:
Task No. 2
Go to http://speakspeak.com/resources/general-english-vocabulary/telephone-language and find more phrases that you can use in the situations described in Task 1.