Assignment for 2011-11-28
Flat in Ringsand pp 24-34.
- Was Jo glad to invite Gerry and Christy? What were they going to do/ What did Jo think about it?
- How did Jo's flat mates react when Jo and the men came home? Were they offended?
- how did jo feel in the morning?
- Was she conscience-stricken the whole day long? Did she practice her apologies?
- How long had Jo been in Dublin?
- Had Jo a temptation to run away home?
Agree or disagree
Use the following: certainly, of course, sure, you are right, quite correct; I'm afraid that's wrong, on the contrary, surely not, you are mistaken. Do not simply state "Yes" or "No"
- She knew that she could turn to them in the brightly lit street and say "I'm sorry, I've changed my mind."
- She could say "Oh heavens, I forgot, my mother has come today, I totally forgot, she wouldn't like me bringing people in when she's asleep."
- "I always go to bed in a black raincoat," Pauline said.
- Nessa and Pauline got their mugs immediately. In an hour they were all friends.
- She was such a worthless person that they didn't even want to discuss it.
- It was poor chance that they had gone the same weekend.
- Jo had not been told that she had too much imagination.
Find equivalent words in Russian.
Also make 3 sentences with each of the words or phrases.
- cheeks redden with shame
- to tremble
- neat as a pin
- to make arrangements
- to make a fortune
- to make huge amount of trouble over nothing
Write an advertisement for the party of the nurses.